My name is Hing, I am a female driving instructor and the owner of Hing’s Driving School. I deliver drivers’ training in the Edinburgh area, and I specialise in encouraging learner drivers. I am fully qualified as an Approved Driving Instructor (ADI) and have been registered with the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) since 2002. I have completed the advanced driving ability and teaching ability tests. In addition, I’m an Institute of Advanced Motorists (IAM) qualified driver and observer. I coached advanced drivers for two years with the IAM. I follow the Code of Practice set by the DVSA and the Driving Instructors Association (DIA) to ensure learners receive a professional service at all times.
I am committed to self improvement through regular attendance at Continuous Professional Development (CPD) courses, which deliver up-to-date professional knowledge and improve professional competence. This ensures I deliver the best possible coaching experience.
Why Choose Hing’s?
- I will take you through everything required to get your full licence – from applying for your provisional licence, to preparing for your theory and practical test. If you already have your full licence, I can help you with further development, such as Pass Plus, Advance Driving and Refresher Courses and lessons, which include reversing and motorway driving.
- I operate a pay-as-you-train system, which means you can pay your tuition fees when you have your lesson. You don’t have to pay in advance. If you wish to take advantage of discount for block-bookings, then advanced payment will be asked for.
- Guaranteed one to one tuition, no car sharing. You will have 100% of my attention to help you achieve your goals while training in my vehicle.
- Door-to-door service: I will pick you up and drop you off at your home/school/work place /wherever you like, within Edinburgh city centre area.
- Step by step tuition, advice and support. You and I will plan a programme according to your individual needs and level.
- Hand-outs will be provided to help you prepare for the next lesson. These hand-outs will help you understand each lesson’s topic, so you can spend more time practising it rather than talking about it.
- Feedback will be given during and at the end of every lesson. A progress sheet will be provided, which will help us keep track of lessons as well as your progression. You and I will set goals for your next lesson based on what you need and what you want to learn.
- I am an independent driving coach, not linked to any franchise business. I earn my reputation through quality tuition and service to my clients. My focus is on safety and quality coaching to help you achieve your goal as soon as possible. Safety is of the utmost importance for every road user.
- I speak fluent English and Chinese, and I am the only female Chinese speaking instructor in the Edinburgh area